Thursday, November 14, 2013

Mike! Me! and The Pioneer Woman!!!

What a fun night at Anderson's Bookshop in Naperville. Ree Drummond, aka The Pioneer Woman, was in town for a book signing so Mike and I and 598 other people went. Despite the fact that The Pioneer Woman was stuck in traffic and arrived 45 minutes late, it was wonderful. So fun to meet her, actually I was quite in awe. And Mike will tell you that she is just as sweet as she can be. I might also add beautiful (with a drop dead gorgeous complexion). We were pretty lucky as our signing numbers were 45 and 46!

I started out at the front of the table, but Ree told me to "come on back.


So here we are.



Then Mike joined us. We  are quite the captive audience aren't we?!






Then it was time for a family portrait. Ree's words, not ours.



So I guess we're officially "family" now. How fun is that. I wonder if we'll get an invite to the ranch for the holidays? 

We really enjoyed ourselves so we took a walk down the street, which is already lit up for the holidays.




And stopped at the local Mexican restaurant for dinner because Ree always has pico de gallo in her refrigerator so it just seemed like the right thing to do!


1 comment: