Monday, June 9, 2014

It's June!


I'll start with spring and some of the fun projects I did this month. This little quilt is from "Prairie Women" from the Country Loft in San Diego, CA. It was originally called Bathhouse Blues (but done in browns in creams?). Leigh gave you an option of making "May Baskets". Cute, cute, cute.





I finished my Peony mat designed by Kathy Cardiff just in time for my peonies.




And while I was sewing flowers decided some blue hydrangeas would be nice.

 


Mine are not blooming yet. It's been a slow start to the growing season in Chicago. Hopefully I will  be able to show you a picture of them soon. They are beautiful.







Maggie and I finally had the opportunity to attend a class at Primitive Gatherings in Menasha, WI  taught by none other than Lisa Bongean. We have been trying to do this for years. Literally, years. We had a wonderful day of sewing this cute star and penny mat, touring Lisa's warehouse and shopping at Primitive Gatherings. And bonus, the class was too large for her classroom so we were able to have it in her studio. A very inspiring day to say the least. My friend Kathy was also at the class. That was a fun surprise. She and I and Leigh will be getting together soon for Grande Old Flag at the Country Sampler in Spring Green, WI. Very anxious for that to happen.


Continuing with the Americana theme...


I quilted this for Maggie. It is a darling quilt and has inspired us to make this blue and white quilt Maggie found on Pinterest.  Isn't it a great tablecloth for the 4th of July!



And, I finished my Country Threads UFO for the month of May. June is actually done too but I don't have a picture of it yet. Here is the quilt I finished in May. Pattern is Savannah by Paula Barnes and it is made from her Olde Savannah fabric line (with a little Jo Morten thrown in).


1 comment:

  1. Oh Jodi! So many stunning finishes! I love them all! I just pulled out the hydrangea kit the other day... but haven't started it, only admired it lol.
    A class with Lisa Bongean is on my bucket list - you lucky gal!
    Have a great time at Grand Olde Flag - be sure to share. I want to hear all about it!
    Blessings, Patti

    ReplyDelete